Benavides Insurance

The Best Homeowners Insurance in the Rio Grande Valley

Homeowners Insurance in Brownsville TX

Protect your biggest personal investment..

Homeowners Insurance provides that needed protection for your most biggest personal investment….your home. In fact, did you know that annual losses paid out by insurance companies in the last few years total in the multi-millions? It’s true! 

Most people complain about having to pay a homeowner’s insurance premium each and every year, most likely because they have not suffered a loss. Now, we don’t wish anyone any bad luck out there but losses do happen and when they occur, they can quickly add up!

Most people don’t realize the different types of coverage benefits a homeowners policy has to offer. Many believe it’s just physical portion of the home that is covered from damage, but that’s not so. 

Your complete homeowners package will cover liability losses for negligence believed to be caused by you or a member of your family. There’s also coverage for that very expensive wedding ring for your wife… and so much more.


Of all the coverages a good homeowners policy covers is physical damage to your home and/or personal property by a covered loss. What does a covered loss mean? It simply means that the actual occurrence which damaged your home must be stated in your policy which is described in your “declarations page”. 

Most people don’t take the time to read their policy and it’s understandable, it takes time to do so. That’s why people like you choose Benavides Insurance as we take our time to let you know how your policy protects you. 

It is important to read your policy or at least have a professional explain it to you as most people are unaware of the overall coverages of their current policy. There are some events that are not covered by all policies and particularly in our coastal areas, some coverages are excluded by most policies out there.

Here in the Rio Grande Valley, most coastal areas exclude or limit windstorm coverage which includes damage from  hurricanes, tornadoes, and even hail. And if you watch the news during periods of heavy rainfall, flooding is not covered by any homeowners policy so a separate policy is needed for this as well.

So don’t assume that your current policy covers everything, if you have any doubts, feel free to contact our office and we would be more than happy to help you review what you have.

Your Homeowner's Policy Coverages

Your policy pays the costs of repairing or replacing your home in the event of a covered loss. There are two types of dwelling coverages,

  • Replacement cost
  • Actual Cash Value

Ask your agent about the difference of these two policy types and the events that are covered.

pays if the items in your house (such as furniture, clothing, and appliances) are damaged, stolen, or destroyed.

pays to repair or rebuild structures not attached to your house, such as detached garages, storage sheds, and fences.

pays your additional living expenses (housing, food, and other essential expenses) if you have to temporarily move because of damage to your house from a covered loss. Your policy will pay either a percentage of the amount of your dwelling coverage (typically 10 to 20 percent) or for a specific period after the loss (such as 24 months).

pays to defend you in court against lawsuits and provides coverage if you are found legally responsible for someone else’s injury or property damage.

pays the medical bills of people hurt on your property. It might also pay for some injuries that happen away from your home, such as your dog biting someone at the park. A basic homeowners policy pays $500 in medical bills, but you may buy up to $5,000 in medical payments coverage.

Call Today for a FREE Quote

Sign Up for Our Newsletter